Five of the top benefits of using Kinesiology Tape are:
- Decreased Pain: By gently applying pressure, kinesiology tape helps to disrupt and dissipate pain.
- Increased Circulation and Decreased Inflammation: The tape can help remove congestion while allowing efficient circulation of oxygenated blood and lymphatic fluids. Circulation flushes out irritants, thereby reducing inflammation and chemical buildup and fostering a speedy recovery.
- Improved Posture and Muscle Support: Taping areas that veer away from correct posture can help gently support proper posture. Proper taping also enables weak muscles to function efficiently, reduces pain and fatigue, and protects against cramping, over-extension, and over-contraction.
- Improved Athletic Performance: By supporting unstable joints and delivering slight pressure to “sleeping” muscles, taping can prompt higher performance. Unlike other assistive devices that can lead to dependence on them for stability and support, kinesiology tape trains the body to become independent and efficient.
- Supported endogenous analgesic system: The tape enables the body’s own healing mechanisms to work in the recovery process. (“Endogenous” means “internal,” and “analgesic” means “relieving pain.”)